Sunday, December 13, 2009

Proper equipment

I have noticed with lots of people I talk to about water skiing using the improper equipment. A few days ago I met somebody who has the interest, so we started to talk about it and express our opinions and taught each other different methods and all that good stuff. He was saying he uses regular bindings on his ski nothing fancy and uses body glove name brand life jackets. Believe it or not but some life jackets can affect the performance of your skiing, according to him the weight and comfort of his life jacket allows him to get more speed off the turns and deep cuts. I wonder what could possibly be the difference between a body glove life jacket and a regular PDF life jacket. Weel the differences are that PDF life jackets are lighter but catch the wind more and moves around on your body when your skiing, plus the straps on PDF life jackets fly around in the wind. Litle things like that can annoy you when your skiing and will for sure affect the way you ski. Body glove life jackets are very comfortable and bind to your body size when you get it wet. So the advantage of the body glove life jacket is that it forms to your body size kind of like a one size fits all edition, it is extremely comfortable and looks alot better because the design makes you look sportier and more like a pro. I knew this guy was really into the sport so I am going to take this guys advice on it. He told me to always remember this saying "use the proper equipement".

1 comment:

  1. There is actual equipment for water skiing? I seriously would of never of guessed! I personally thought it was just, life jacket, your two skis and a rope to hold on for dear life. I never knew ether there were actual gloves for this sport and you have to wear a specific brand too! Pretty interesting stuff my friend.

    ReplyDelete